Applause, the worldwide leader in digital quality and crowdsourced testing, today announced it will receive the United Way Live United Award during tonight’s Shining Stars celebration. United Way of Tri-County is focusing on 10 impactful volunteer awards for the Shining Stars reception. This is the first year the charitable organization is hosting the Shining Stars reception and Applause is the only business being honored with a Live United award at the celebration.
Awards will be presented to local companies, volunteers, and donors for their contributions in raising awareness and understanding of the United Way mission, and for their efforts in volunteerism, outstanding dedication, service, leadership, and achievement.
Applause is being recognized for its significant volunteer and fundraising efforts. Every year, Applause has dedicated to help its local community in partnership with United Way. In 2018, Applause donated:
- • More than $10,000 in presents to local children as part of the Hope for the Holidays gift drive
- • 273 pounds of food during the Thanksgiving food drive
- • Resources and time serving food on a quarterly basis at the Pearl Street Cupboard and Café
- • 60 backpacks filled with school supplies for the Tools for School program
- • Time competing in the corporate 5K fundraiser with 23 Applause team members in the race
“We take community outreach very seriously at Applause. By participating in activities with United Way, we not only improve our community, we strengthen our team and our company as a whole,” said Bradley Batchelder, VP of People & Culture at Applause. “Our team members are always looking to lend a helping hand, and this award is a testament to their dedication and caring.”
The award during the Shining Star reception will mark the second time in a one-year span United Way has recognized Applause for its commitment to community. In April, Applause received United Way’s Good Neighbor Award.