Digital Quality in the Metaverse
Release the seamless, high-quality metaverse experiences your customers expect, regardless of technology or device.
Testing the metaverse with Applause
Gain insights into your user experiences from real people testing with real devices
The metaverse is clearly shaping the next wave of digital experiences – and your users will expect seamless interactions, regardless of the technology or device. That’s why every software company, voice controlled or wearable device developer, retailer, vendor and service provider is looking to deliver metaverse experiences with the same quality and interoperability that users demand from their other digital interactions.
For more than a decade, customers have turned to Applause to help them release high-quality digital experiences with confidence. No matter how experiences and expectations have changed, Applause has consistently been the partner customers trust to help meet their evolving digital quality needs. Our proven testing expertise – which today leverages a community of more than one million digital experts worldwide – helps our customers stay on top of the latest trends and technology shifts, continuing to release the high-quality products their users love and want.
So, while the metaverse is still in its early stages, Applause is ready to be your release partner, to ensure that the quality of your devices and experiences will meet this next wave of customer expectation.
The possibilities are endless in the metaverse – we’ll help you get there:
• Build and release your metaverse experiences – faster and more confidently
• Deliver AI and voice experiences that work for everyone, everywhere
• Ensure AR, VR and wearable devices and apps are working as expected
• Validate crypto and other payment processes
How will you provide frictionless customer experiences in the metaverse?
Testing your metaverse experiences will be key to successful roll outs. You’ll need to consider some important questions before you release.
• How will you validate the user experience in a virtual reality environment?
• What does verification and user testing look like when everything is ultra-personalized?
• How will you test crypto payments?
• How will real users interact with your products in these new environments?
Here are some ways we are already helping our customers ensure the quality of their new digital experiences.
- Data collection, training and testing for AI/VR-powered immersive experiences: Applause is working with a social technology company with a holistic development approach to the metaverse, including virtual reality and augmented reality for shared and immersive experiences – such as virtual gatherings, games, fitness, entertainment, immersive learning and remote workplace collaboration – as well as the voice assistants and wearable devices to support these experiences. Applause’s expert teams are helping to collect data, train and test the AI algorithms that support speech recognition and voice assistant technology, to ensure they are working correctly and intuitively as users would expect. Our testers also collect UX data on existing and potential product features, to provide user feedback on their satisfaction with these experiences.
- Voice collection and wearables testing for personalized virtual fitness: Applause is working with a fitness company that is well-positioned for the metaverse wave, with its users currently using a physical device, logging into a persistent digital identity and then immersing themselves in a shared experience. Applause’s testing teams have brought their expertise with AI data collection, training and testing, voice collection, and wearable testing and data collection, which collectively helps the fitness company offer their users a new, immersive level of digital experiences.
- Crypto payment testing for seamless customer experiences: Applause tests functionalities and payment processes for an established cryptocurrency provider. As regulations and requirements continue to evolve, Applause will continue to support crypto providers – by testing both the changes needed when certain new rules apply, and the updates required for existing users.
“No official definition yet exists for the metaverse, but companies can’t afford to wait until one does or the metaverse fully evolves to start experimenting and investing in it.”
From the McKinsey Digital podcast, What is the metaverse – and what does it mean for business?